Do you have the ability to put people who need medical assistance at ease and keep the office run smoothly? What about spending your massive time and money to become a doctor or to have an important role in the medical field? Clinical medical assistant is appropriate for all ages starting from the majority age and above. It is the backbone of the medical field especially of medical offices as well as medical clinics worldwide. If the answers to these questions are yes, then, being a clinical medical assistant is the career that is perfect for you!
A clinical medical assistant training will require an individual to undergo a medical assisting program in one to two years. They will be trained to apply their knowledge in the field in the medical office and medical clinic. Physicians and doctors hire those who have completed their medical assisting program because of their earned certificate, degree, and diploma. There are various ways to earn a certification. Medical assistant programs for clinical medical assistant are being offered in a vocational-technical school, community schools, and some colleges and universities. Those who earned their one year completion of the program will receive a certificate and diploma while those who completed their two-year medical assisting program will earn an Associate Degree.
Here are the requirements needed and processes to follow for an individual to be qualified for a medical assistant training program:
- The applicants should have a high school diploma to certify that he graduated from his secondary education.
- Once accepted, he will study for one to two years anatomy, medical terminologies, physiology, lab techniques and procedures, clinical and diagnostic processes, administering medicines, pharmaceutical principles, and first aid.
- Applicants will also learn to type, record keeping, bookkeeping, transcription, processing insurance, practices inside the medical office, medical laws, and office ethics as they are also having an important part in running a medical office properly and smoothly.
- Some accredited medical assistance training institutions for clinical medical assistant applicants will also undergo internship in a doctor’s office, hospitals, clinics, and health centers to gain medical experiences.
- Applicants can choose whether to enroll in a traditional classroom setting program or online medical assisting training. The former will provide a classroom for the applicant where a teacher teaches him things about clinical medical assistance while the latter uses online materials for resources and preference about the medical field.
Formal training to become a clinical medical assistant is the most preferred choice of most doctors and physicians today aside from the education being a requirement for the position. Those who had their education have experienced during their days as on-the-job trainee as they are working with medical assistants, doctors, and physicians and they also attended training sessions and seminars.
A clinical medical assistant performs various tasks and responsibilities ranging from doing administrative duties, treatment procedures to patients, and explaining to them the doctor’s prescriptions. They do the same tasks every day. Their administrative tasks include the following duties: greeting the patients at the clinic or medical office, answering phone calls, make schedules and appointments, correspondences, responsible for hospital billing, keep records of the patients, and bookkeeping. Clinical duties include filing medical records, updating the medical records of the patient, filling the insurance application form, laboratory services and procedures, and arranging hospital admissions.
Some of the duties of a clinical medical assistant vary at the state where he or she works but it usually includes medical histories, listing the vital signs, explaining the medical treatment of the patients, preparing the patients for their medical exam, and many others as ordered by the doctor. Sometimes, they do collect laboratory specimen, perform laboratory tests and procedures, dispose contaminated contents, and sterilize and take care medical instruments and devices.
The position and job for a clinical medical assistant had grown exponentially because of the increase in the employment. It is expected that there will be an increase of 35 percent from 2006 to 2016 making this medical profession as one of the fastest growing medical opportunities worldwide. The medical field needs medical assistants because of the increase of health care facilities, clinics, medical office, and medical practices. The job prospect for this medical positions are those individuals who have been educated and had formal medical assisting training. The average annual salary of a clinical medical assistant ranges from $25,000 to $36,000.
This is the perfect job for you if you want to have a good life and good living and most especially if you want to improve and help people with their health concerns. Take the first step for this type of medical career by enrolling for medical assistance training and programs to be one of the certified clinical medical assistant. The degree and certification that you will earn is the most important things that you should have as employers prefer those applicants who have the proper education and training for medical assistance.